Meet the Nurses
Angie Scripture, RN, BSN
Patricia A. Duran School (Elementary)
Tiffany Howard, RN, BSN
Hermon Middle School, 207-848-4000 x 2012:
- 08:00 am – 11:30 am on Tuesdays, and Wednesdays
- 11:30 pm – 3:00 pm on Thursdays, and Fridays
Hermon High School, 207-848-4000 x 1113:
- 11:30 – 3:00 pm, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays
- 08:00 am – 11:30 am on Thursdays, and Fridays
Introduction to the Health Services Site
Welcome to the Hermon School Department Health Services Site. On this site you will find information about school policies regarding health and various health conditions. There are also attached forms that may be necessary for medical treatment in school.
Our health services staff are registered professional nurses, certified with the Maine Department of Education. Their main focus is protecting the health and wellness of our students as we know that it directly correlates with students’ ability to learn in the school environment.
On any given day, you may find our school nurses…
- seeing students with sudden or long term medical issues that arise or continue throughout the school day
- assuring medical plans are in place as needed
- coordinating and administering medications to students
- communicating with parents/guardians and medical providers as needed
- providing education to students, parent/guardians and staff members
- performing vision and hearing and height/weight screenings per the guidelines of the Maine Department of Education (PreK/Kindergarten, 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9)
- keeping track of illnesses present in our school and communicating with The Maine CDC as needed
- Tracking immunizations (see link for required vaccinations in school)
In order to do all of the above effectively it is essential that parents communicate clearly with us any changes in health status (including medication changes) and any illnesses diagnosed by a medical provider.
Please keep in mind that NO MEDICATIONS CAN BE ADMINISTERED BY SCHOOL STAFF UNLESS NECESSARY FORMS ARE COMPLETED. Also, STUDENTS SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY MEDICATIONS WITH THEM (with the exceptions of EpiPens and Inhalers and with the necessary “Self- Administer Form” completed). Please see Hermon School Department Policy JLCD Administration of Medications to Students for more information.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us!
Angie Scripture, RN
Karen LeBreton, RN